Health & Safety
Safety is Everyone's Job
At Totem Ocean, safety is part of everything we do, both on and off the job. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, customers, vendors and visitors.
Our health and safety program is based on management leadership, employee involvement, hazard identification and control, injury prevention and training.
Our targets are zero injuries and zero work-related illness.
Every Totem Ocean employee is:
- Responsible for his or her own safety and for the safety of others.
- Required to comply with all laws, regulations and company safety rules.
- Authorized to stop any work that he or she believes could result in injury or ill health.
- Encouraged to make recommendations to improve safety and health.
- Encouraged to report any unsafe situation or activity to her or her supervisor or to the Safety Committee.
We are proud that our health and safety management system is certified to OHSAS 18001:2007.